Hello all,

Not really a question, but more of just a narrative of my experiences with more LW additions to my pack. I know having a little booze in the back country is not for everyone, so if you don't partake, stop reading and move on.

I've always carried some booze into the back country if I'm going to an area that allows camp fires. In the past I've always taken Jaegermeister and a few canned beers. But as we can assume, this stuff is heavy!!! I've done three trips yet this early summer and have switched to Bacardi 151. I figure that by switching to 151, I've dropped my booze weight and bulk by at least 66%. And the drink I make is even quite tasty and is fantastic to sip around the camp fire while cooking my trout dinners.

Obviously, the 151 is heavily laden with what my soul craves - alcohol!! It is 75% booze compared to the 35% booze content of Jaeger. I bought a ten pack of single servings of Ocean Spray Cranberry-Pomegranate powered drink mix. One tiny sleeve of powder is perfect for turning one of my 24oz water bottles into delicious juice which I heavily dilute the intensity of the Bacardi 151. Water is free and abundant in the back country, why not use this to our advantage, eh?!?! Tastes just like regular Bacardi and juice from the bar.

In summers past, the little booze I took up the hills has always been a serious weight issue. I've shaved about 3-4 pounds off my weight this summer just with this nice little trick.........and the 151 has an added bonus. It is extremely flammable and would come in handy during a rainy night trying to start a fire. One ounce of 151 sprinkled on your kindling is a guaranteed way to start a fire in wet conditions.

Bottoms up!!!! crazy