I am sure this is a hot sensitive subject and I went back through the older posts, but found nothing. I have stated my plans on here concerning my 90 day tour the USA by camping in National Forests and Federal Parks starting around June by myself. A lot of the people I have told this to have all asked this question. Am I taking my guns? Being a handgun owner and licenced CW holder I have considered it. Mostly for the nights I may be in a very remote campsite in a National Forest or even in a rest area parking lot taking a nap. The laws very from state to state and forests and parks. I myself am a trusting sole and believe that most people I run into in these places are good people as well. But one never knows. And as far as backpacking alone in the wilderness and maybe running into a bear or other wild animal. I have my pepper spray,noise makers etc. Obviously having to use a handgun would have to be a life threatening situation for me to consider it. I know there are many opinions both pro and con as to carrying a weapon. I'd like to hear yours. And please this is not meant as a "debate" on the subject or do I ask it to stir the pot. Simply asking the practicality of having a gun while I travel.

Edited by PapaSam (05/11/10 12:10 AM)