There's no wasted space, for sure. However, I find it has all the room I need - but then, I don't carry a whole lot. Stove and pot stay in the vestibule; food hangs in a tree (raccoons, not bears, around here); empty pack goes in the foot end of the tent, as a sleeping pad extender for a 3/4 length pad; shoes go at the head end, with my Dromlite (inflated) and/or rain gear as a pillow; water bottle, first aid kit, repair kit, and map go on one side or the other of the pillow. A place for everything, and everything in its place.

My system won't work for everyone. I have a buddy who insists on a full-length pad, so he needs somewhere to store his pack; he also brings an inflatable pillow, so he needs somewhere to store his shoes and rain gear - and did I mention his spare clothes? (My spare clothing is a pair of socks, so no problem finding them a spot.) My buddy carries a two-person tent (currently the Seedhouse SL2 you're looking at, but he's toying with the idea of a Carbon Reflex 2 or a Fly Creek 2.)