I used the Garlington url's, and some others, to make a prototype gassifier stove today, because the Bushbuddy costs $200 with the titanium pot made for it! I found an old piece of galvanized duct work today, and dug a can out of my trash, and I made a double-walled gassifier that is closed at the top of the walls, so that all the heated air has to go into the secondary combustion area. It has a false bottom with tons of holes for primary combustion air, some holes in the sides, and then the major holes 3" above the false bottom for secondary combustion air. My test burn today, using half wet wood, showed that I needed more combustion air. I'll do a burn in the morning, with my watch, and a quart of cool water in a two quart pot. My goal is to boil in a reasonable amount of time, say 10 minutes, and hold the boil for 20 minutes if possible. That way I can make lentils and potatoes stew. Here's a poor picture of it, 'cause the only camera I have is built-in to my monitor. When I get it working, I'll use aluminum flashing to make the outer wall, and keep the 28 oz Progresso Crushed Tomatoes can for the burn chamber. It's 4" diameter, and 4 and 5/8" tall. I cut about a 1/4" off the height.

I found that I really enjoyed tinkering with this project. It was fun, and the time just flew on by. it was even fun squatting in my yard in the rain, watching the thing try to catch on fire. With all the extra holes I gave it, it ought to do much better tomorrow. And hopefully I'll find some dry wood!

Let's see if I can figure out how to add the picture.

Well, I didn't figure out how to do it. It looks like I uploaded the picture, but I don't see it.