Thanks DJ2. As you can tell from the thread title, what really floored me was that not only they made the product but they also won an award for it.

Up to now, my experience with suggestions to manufacturers has been a 1) polite response from a customer service person, 2) dead silence from the product development people that the suggestion was really aimed at, and 3) no implementation. Exceptionally, I got a bit of feedback from the MEC pdt dev. people but still no implementation (tick 1, nix 2, tick 3).

So yeah the situation with the Cyberian cordlok is pretty neat and I definitely prefer this scenario of tick 1, tick 2, nix 3. Especially since I'm hoping to score some free samples out of it. I've installed "caged" springlocks on all my backpacks and get frustrated when I must fumble with a free springlock instead of just yanking on the cord to close it.

However, for heavier/larger packs, springlocks are not the most secure way to grip the cord. Unfortunately, there is no way to make a "cage" for a cordlock to turn it to a one-handed system. So, until someone finally decided to make a cordlock with a bail bar, caged springlocks was the only option for me.

Cheers,