I plan on being on the Island for mid August, probably the 16-28th.

I am wanting a simple design that would require minimal sewing and materials. My first thought was to buy a Silnylon tarp from campmor. Set it up in the half pyramid formation cut off the corners to save weight. Then i thought they would be about the right size for a beak to help protect the open side. I realized that I probably didn't want grommets, so I'm thinking pullouts.

I was thinking of using a bug bivy like the six moons design meteor pattern only simplified. Having the netting attach to my ground cloth. I have an old giant Colman family tent i scavenged the no-see-um from. Was thinking of attaching points inside the tarp to tie the bivys to when its needed and take them out when they are not. Or my original thought was to sew netting around the 8x10 before i sew on the beak. I would then add a zipper to one of the sides of the opening.

I'm not sold on ether idea yet. The bivy seems restricting and may tare down the shelter at night if I roll much. The netting would limit some of the pitch angles i could set the tarp at along with being alot more sewing on the large sylnylon.