Since F%G restocked back in 2005/6 they're as close as the Titcomb Basin and doing very well wink .

I've fished many of the "Glory Holes" for Goldens in the Wind's. I can PM you specifics of some of the more out of the way lakes.

But first and foremost, just because you find out where they are, realize that fishing for Golden's is unlike fishing for any other trout. They tend to skulk along the bottom for a good portion of the year, not unlike a Lake Trout and are extremely difficult to catch. You can cast your arm off for days, at the best Golden lakes in the Range, and never see a rise or a fish. Even if you do see some, they are probably the most selective and stubborn of all to trout to take anything, be it fly or lure. Anyone fishing for Golden's must have an inordinate amount of patience to spend the days of fruitless chasing to finally get that 1 hour when the stars and planets align just right and they start throwing themselves at you.

I've been stalking big Golden's in the Wind's for over 30 yrs and only on two evenings in that time, can I say I was actually catching one after another. The rest of the time I felt lucky to even land one or two, out of 17 days of fishing.

Have fun, even if you don't land a Golden, it's still the best scenery in the Rockies and the fishing for everything matches it.