Originally Posted By Steadman
Jason

The only problem I have with Westcomb is that their website provides no detail as to the features, specifications, and cost of their products. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Also, their distribution network seems to be more west coast/ northern states as well; I live in VA, so getting to a store to check out their products is difficult.

Lacking a mass produced eVent product, this lemming is probably going to have to go with Gore as his next best solution to having a waterproof jacket that I can use for both town and field use. Look forward to seeing how the technology spreads and develops over the next couple years...

Sincerely

Steadman
There are a few places you can find them on the web depending on your size. The jacket I would recommend is the Westcomb Specter LT. It weighs in at 11.5 oz and had an incredible hood and amazing detail. I found a size Lg in black on Backcountry Experience's website. I know this shop well and they are top notch!

Another option is Rab. Their quality isn't quite that of Westcomb (more like North Face, Mountain Hardware) but is still pretty good. They also use exclusively eVENT. I don't know many details but have talked to a few friends who like there jackets. I've tried a few on and they fit me pretty well.

I would recommend going with eVENT even with the question of durability still up in the air. I know Rab has a lifetime warranty as does Westcomb so if you do run into problems they should take care of it. They stumble over themselves to make sure you're happy, especially as this is something they can do to compete against Gore. I think you will be much happier than getting Gore-Tex, especially when you're hot and sweaty in the Gore jacket wishing you would have gone the dry route with eVENT smile.