Originally Posted By CWF
On the windy west coast of Vancouver Island I had my Jacket rip at the hood. 45 minutes into my trek. For non-inclement weather I am sure the Dri-ducks are fine. For any sort of inclement conditions I believe they suck.

As far as the eventuality of any gear failing, that is probably correct. But at least the landfills aren't filled with eVENT jackets. I have a Gortex jacket that was used almost daily for over 10 years still in great shape. I don't use it anymore because of eVENT.

On the other hand, I would want to rely on gear rather than hope it makes it.

eVENT also has another benefit over the Dri-Ducks. The fabric is much better as a wind block.

I understand there is a difference between Dri-Ducks and Frogg Toggs. I haven't used D-D, but apparently they are less durable than F-T. F-T is adequate for on trail. People have done the entire Appalachian Trail with F-T. So there is an un arguable track record out there.

Also, my experience with Frogg Toggs is that they do block wind. I have one of the super light 3 oz windshells (don't remember brand at the moment) which is so much nicer to handle and wear that I carry it for wind regardless of rain gear I'm carrying. In other words, F-T with proper under layers works well for rain but I wouln't want it bare against my skin.