Originally Posted By Heber

However many people think a rectangular quilt does just as well. You will notice that the underquilts at Jack R Better (probably the #1 seller of underquilts) are rectangular. The suspension bunches the ends up when you hang it, much like your hammock bunches up, so the two match.

The suspension for JRB quilts are two lengths of shock cord with a biner on each end. The biners attach to grosgrain loops on the corners of the quilt. The gathering of the ends is done by adjusting a draw cord - the Jacks have a foot end mod enabling you to draw up the cord from the center. You adjust the ends to your liking, loose in warm weather, tight in cold. While laying in my Blackbird I can reach around and tighten the head end; with the foot end biner attached at the whipping, it needs no adjustment whatsoever. The quilt provides consistent warmth from head to toe. Unlike some, I have no issue with the footbox and the rectangular shape of the quilt.

http://hikeandbackpack.com