There is no comparison. I have had single wall but quickly moved on to double wall exclusively and would never even think of using a single wall cup again. A double wall cup guards against burning your lips and keeps the food or drink hot in cold weather conditions. A single wall does neither. Snow Peak is one of the higher quality offerings when it comes to outdoor serving wares in titanium. It is expensive but when you add it up over time, the performance it gives and the fact that it will last forever if you don’t loose it is one of the best choices. You can’t cook in double wall vessels and that kills it for some of the more obsessive but it is the only choice for enjoying hot food and drink in my opinion.

Our spartan kit contains an MSR ti kettle for boiling, each has their Snow Peak double wall cup for both food and drink and the Snowpeak ti spoon. The flatware kit came with a fork and spreading knife as well but I normally use the spoon in the backcountry. This stuff has lasted for years and will last as long as we walk the wilderness. Buy the best once and only cry once.