To me a cook system is part of the "Big 4" of backpacking gear. Getting it right has been a quest of mine. And I mean getting it light, efficient, simple to use and durable.

Been reading reviews of the new Primus ETA PackLite
stove system that may fill those qualifications pretty well. It's claimed to be 80% efficient. i.e only 20% of the heat is "wasted" into the atmosphere.

It is a total system, much like the JetBoil PCS, only the PackLite is for 2 people, if desired. It has a 1.2 L. Ti pot W/corrugated bottom heat exchanger, plastic lid/collander, adjustable ring windscreen, specialized burner and plastic dish (which protects the pot's inner coating when packed for travel). A standard butane gas canister fits inside also.

"Supposably" it weighs 12 oz. complete, W/O the gas canister I'm assuming.

This system is smaller and lighter than the first ETA system and it MAY just be the most-efficient-for-the-weight system yet. My one "desire" is that Primus makes the burner so it's compatable with liquid fuel as well - oh, and a way to invert the gas canister for colder weather cooking.

Anyone out there scored this little system yet?

Eric