hi guys

My climbing rack is pretty old - I have some early Metolious cams, a couple Aliens, and 2 rigid body Wild Country Friends - the original cam. I even have a big Hex on the rack.
OMG I just looked at my rack. Those hexs are stamped with the diamond with the C in the middle for Chinard, before it became black diamond without the C.

Anyway I was wondering if there was any new lighter weight pro around these days. My rack weighs about 25 pounds. Add a 10 pound rope to that, then start climing. Sometimes we still carry piton hammers and pins, but then we back off on cams. Are there any microlight 9-10mm ropes yet? Piton guns like in Cliffhanger?

If you are in the middle of nowhere and you life could depend on one good anchor, nothing beats a piton. yeh yeh - but they're illegal to leave in the rock a lot of places.

Probably not a lot of ULers with tiny packs going climbing I guess, unless they have only shoes and solo climb. crazy You start off with two guys with about 25 pounds of climbing gear each, then you add clothes tents sleeping bags. Carrying a 45 pound pack means only 20 pounds of it is your food and regular gear and water. CLimbers have always been then most UL backcountry people around, if you subtract the weight of the climbing gear.
Jim