Well, to be honest I wasn't diligent about getting a before and after weight (I wish I had). Based on the after weight, I think it went up in weight by roughly the weight of silicone sealant used, which in my case was about 2 ounces. I used 4 ounces of mineral spirits and 1 ounce of silicone for the canopy slurry, and 4 ounces of mineral spirits and a little over an ounce of silicone for the floor slurry. I used all the slurry for the canopy on the canopy, and I had a little of the floor slurry left over after completing the floor. Overall it's not much of a weight penalty to get rid of that darn misting.