I just finished "Five Months....". Kevonionia had sent it to me. Thank you Kevon. I had gotten the other book "Lost in Mongolia..." from an inner library exchange. I cannot really add much to the earlier review but reading the two books close together made for a very interesting read.

The "Five..." book is about twice the size of the "Lost.." book. Many of the passages make it look like the two authors either were working from the same set of notes or one was plagiarizing from the other. On the other hand many events related in one book which would seem to be very significant are not even mentioned in the other book. This is true in both directions. The main thing which I noticed was that Ben Kozel ("Five..") was much more into feelings and personal interactions than Colin Angus ("Lost.."). In reading Colin there is very little mention of personality differences or conflicts. His style is more like my personal hiking journals which tend to be much more fact than feeling. Ben on the other hand was less specific on facts and was very specific about various conflicts and hurt feelings etc. I am sure that it is mainly a difference in personality. Colin is very laid back and Ben is more introspective.

It would be interesting to see a third viewpoint from the other participant who was at the center of most of the conflicts.

I would recommend reading either or both. They are not hiking books but they do fit in with a wilderness adventure.