Ok so I have concluded that the superior ease of building this stove (Specs) http://www.csun.edu/~mjurey/halfpenny.html I can put one together with a single redbull can, penny, leatherman, and a thumbtack in about 8 min. As well as its efficiency with a narrower pot make a very appealing to me. I found with a pot stand at 2 1/2 inches this stove can consistently bring 25oz to a rolling boil with one full tank (just over one ounce) simply over fill stove to prime, and when flipped I can boil 20oz with one esbit tab (Note: since the bottom of the stove is infact the top of the can it helps to have the tab removed and to slightly indent the center of the top with your thumb to keep the hot esbit centered). I have not taken any temps of anything but I did these tests with water from my lake and outside sitting by the lake so very real world conditions slight wind maybe 40f outside not positive though. I’m going to make a better pot stand I made a double u stand out of 2 aluminum drip pin stakes and bound them with a piece of tin. This is very stable but I think id like a hard wire cloth stand to slide twigs threw when cooking with esbit all in all compared to my folding steel esbit stove this thing weighs practically nothing. I hope this helps any one interested in burning esbit and alc with a small pot.

Thanks Again
Samoset

Edited by Samoset (02/26/09 04:05 PM)