I'm going car camping with Boy Scouts this weekend. Weather forecast is rain and snow mixed, high in the 40s.

I would like to know if I should bring any thing else. I am the kind of person that is cold all the time. I wear my scarf and knit hat in the office while my heater is on. Here is my winter-specific packing list for keeping warm:

- Sleeping bag rated to 0F. Plus extra wool blanket.

- I will be wearing these layers of cotton all at once: tshirt, sweatshirt, sweatshirt with turtleneck, with thin winter coat. Also long underwear, jeans, followed by heavy snow pants (cotton, very warm). I will swap my turtleneck sweatshirt with a wool sweater if needed.

- 2 thin sleeping pads to insulate against the cold ground. They should also bring straw to put under the tent.

- I also have knit hat, fleece balaclava, winter gloves, waterproof wading boots (very warm) along with disposable heaters (enough for all day and all night all weekend), and a charcoal powered heater.

- I have a thermos and tea bags with my alcohol stove. The idea is to drink hot liquids to help stay warm.

- There will hopefully be a fire there. I bought cardboard soaked in wax to help with firestarting, along with dry pinecones. Of course I have matches and a butane lighter.

I did not get any electric socks as I do not camp in cold weather much. I might want to invest in a warmer coat later as this one is rather thin. If I'm moving around gathering wood I think I will be warm enough. I am worried about keeping warm at night when I am laying still. I will have my disposable heater to help with warmth.

Am I missing something else I could bring? For example, to help me out at night?

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I have a rain poncho too.

Edited by bulrush (11/12/08 12:48 PM)