I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the now significantly brighter EOS Bike. This is a very useful light that can be used on a helmet or on the handlebars. If you can find a spare headband, it can also be used as a headlamp when changing a tire, etc.

The best part is that it is using a far brighter LED (Rebel 80L Luxeon Star) that is more efficient than the previous 1W LED. When comparing them on a wall, it gave off about the same light output as the Princeton Tec Apex. It is more than bright enough to have fun at night on a mountain bike trail.

I always keep one in my hydration pack just in case I get caught out too late. I've used it to change tires and do repairs on the trail. It is one of the critical items I take and has got me out of alot of jams. Now with the greater light output, I can actually use it confidently for trail riding at night. Before I would outrun the light, but it's able to keep up with me now.

The Princeton Tec Swerve, the brightest backlight for the money, is also out. I use mine almost everyday and love how bright it is. I just wish it had a few more blinking modes (it has two modes; always on and the standard blinking). The switch is awesome and easy to use even with gloves on while I'm riding down the road and I could use it as my primary light on my handlebars to navigate the road based on it's brightness. I believe these are two of the best bike lights for money in terms of durability, usability, weight, size, and light output.