I have been waiting to do a post on my new touring/commuting bike in order to give some data on how she rides as well. I sought out to build one this spring because I have dedicated myself to being a full time bike commuter from here on out. Plus I really want to get into bike touring, I figure 22 years of dreaming about it is long enough. So I sold off my racing bike and some misc parts and began my 4 month long quest for parts and frame/fork and other misc items from E-Bay. I ended up with a fairly low budget but good quality bike that is custom built to my taste and desires. I am not going to into the specifics of technological hoopla and the inner working of my mind and thought process, because that would take all day so I will just give the facts.
This is a very big change from riding my racing bike that I have been using as my commuter bike. First this is the first steel frame bike I have owned, and I must say steel is real. It rides a lot more comfortably than the zippy aluminum racer I had. Second it is so nice to not worry about pot holes, ruts, debris, and other road hazards, I have even popped up on a side walk curb or two just to be able to get around obstacles. I even wnet across a gravel parking lot the other day. I love how I sit up high and not always in the tucked position. The one down fall (but not necessarily) is it is way slower due in part to the 700 x 35 tires instead of the normal 700 x 23 size tires that I was used to. Plus the more relaxed geometry does not wind up quick like the racer. I have not out fitted it with panniers yet, but have a trunk rack to hold all my daily commuting gear. I really like the way it rides and can’t wait to take it on my first bike tour. I will be changing some things on it as time goes by but for right now it is on the road and working out well.
Here are the specs:

Frame : Pake Comute 58cm, 4130 tange chromoly
Fork: Unicrown with low-rider rack mounts. (Included with the frame)
Crank: Shimano 105 triple 52 x 45 x 30 (going to change this out, I am never in the 52)
Cassette: Shimano 105 12 x 27
Chain: Shimano 105 hyper glide
BB Shimano: 105.
Rear derailleur: 105
Front derailleur: 105
Shifters: Shimano flight deck 105
Brakes: Avid Shorty’s
Pedals: Look A-3 (to be changed out for more commute/touring specific)
Seat post: Bontrager
Saddle: WTB
Handle bars: FSA 44mm
Stem: Specialized flip-flop
Headset: Crane creek S-3
Rims: Mavic crossmax 32 spoke
Tires: Michelin City protek 700 x 35
Trunk Rack/bag: Topeak
Tubes: Presta valve.
Reflective tape: DOT
Front Light: Cyglo Light Rover II
Rear Light: Cyglo Light Blinky Extreme
Fun Factor Priceless

The photos did not come out that great and don't do the color justice at all, but here are a few

I want the police officer to say "how the hell did you not see him?"