Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137050 - 08/01/10 02:19 PM Gear list
jainsworth123 Offline

Loc: California
So here's my gear list for a 4 day trip for two people around mt hood in two weeks. Trying to cut some weight off of it (hopefully under 18 base weight). The weather should be in the lows around 40-50, highs around 60-70. Granted this is our first time our for both of us alone (or without someone experienced at least), so we probably have a little extra. My last trip I had 65lbs (pack mule for the friends I went with wink ), was on an unfitted pack, and came away a little bruised. Still managed to squeak in 10-15 miles every day, but it hurt. I would love it if this one were a little more bearable. smile
Main things:
Mountain Hardware +32 21
REI Flash womens 50 Pack 42
REI Quarter Dome Tent 64
Neo Air Pad 14
MSR Sweetwater Water Filter 15
Nalgene bottle 3
Camleback bladder 2
MSR whisperlite Stove 12
Evernew Pots with lids 10
REI Ti Mug 2
Sea to summit Spork 0.2
Ursack (bear canister) 8
food 190
water 2L 64

Clothes:
REI Spruce Run Synthetic jacket 17
2 pairs wool socks 2 1
REI Hiking shorts 3
Patagonia Hiking pants 4
Dri Ducks pants 6
REI Kimtah Event Jacket 16
patagonia Wool t shirt 4
boxers 2
wool beenie 3
bandana 1
camp shoes (five fingers) 11
Komperdell Trekker trekking poles 17
teva x1 trail runners 18
REI trail running gaiters 4
marmot precip cap 3

trash bags for pack 1
Lighter x2 2
compass 2
maps 2
Tent and pad repair kit 3
tp 3
shovel 1
fuel and fuel container 14
waterproof matches 1
Fire starter 1
knife 4
nylon rope 50ft 5
permit 1
iphone 6
wallet 8
car key 1
headlamp 4
sun glasses 2
journal and pen 4

first aid: 20
Gauze
band aids
exedrin
ibuprofen
moleskin
blister aids
tooth brush
baking soda
deodorant
sun screen
chapstick
duct tape
water purifier tablets

Big 4: 8.8lbs
Base Weight: 23.4
Total Lbs 40.2
Total weight Carried 30.5125

#137055 - 08/01/10 04:57 PM Re: Gear list [Re: jainsworth123]
OregonMouse Offline

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
I don't know how much you want to spend, if any, to lighten up. I'll just go through what jumps out at me and let you decide.

Tent: substitute Tarptent Double Rainbow at 41 oz., save 1 1/2 lbs. This is the one expensive item; consider it for future years.
Water treatment: ditch the heavy filter; use Katadyn MicroPur or AquaMira Chlorine Dioxide tablets, save 14 oz.
Nalgene bottle: Substitute Platypus, save 2 oz. per bottle
Whisperlite stove: substitute canister stove such as MSR Pocket Rocket, save 9 oz. and a LOT of fussing and pumping! One large fuel canister would be 12 oz. and should be enough for 4 days for two; save another 2 oz..
Pots--do you really need more than one?
Ursack is not a bear canister and not really needed in Mt. Hood area unless, like me, you are such a lousy thrower that you can't hang your food. Save 6-7 oz. by using stuff sack and rope (especially since you have the rope anyway) and hanging your food.
Food--I hope that 11 lbs. is for 2 people! 1.5 lb. per person per day is about right. Any heavier, you need to concentrate more on dried foods. Check out Sarbar's website for many lighter food ideas.
Clothing seems a bit heavy, especially the 17 oz. insulating jacket; consider a lighter fleece jacket or a Patagonia Nanopuff sweater (warmer and lighter). Save ~5-7 oz. The general rule is to take only the amount of clothing you will wear all at one time in the worst expected conditions (the exception is extra socks).
Shoes--if you're wearing trail runners, you don't need camp shoes; save 11 oz.
Wallet--leave it at home (NOT in your car!). Take out the minimum you need (drivers license, insurance card, 1 debit or credit card, $5 and $20 bill), put it in a zippered sandwich bag in your pack. Save 6 oz.
Headlamp--Petzl e+lite or similar, save 3 oz.
First aid plus toiletries seems heavy; have you repackaged your toiletries in tiny containers, taking only the amount of each that you need for 4 days? And leave the deodorant (and a few towelettes for washing up) in the car. Should be able to save ~8 oz.
iphone--leave at home; you won't have reception a good part of the time.
Or is that your camera?

Total saved (not including iphone) ~89 oz., or 5 1/2 lb.

Not seen on list, unless I didn't read carefully enough:
Bug repellent; you'll need it this year! There is still a LOT of unmelted snow up there and mosquitoes will probably peak in about 2 weeks. Again, repackage and take only the amount you'll need for 4 days.
Camera, or is that your iphone?

Have you addressed how you are going to get across or around the washed out Eliot Creek crossing, which is officially closed? Check the Portlandhikers.org forum where there are are several threads on this subject.

Edited by OregonMouse (08/01/10 05:09 PM)

#137057 - 08/01/10 06:00 PM Re: Gear list [Re: OregonMouse]
jainsworth123 Offline

Originally Posted By OregonMouse
I don't know how much you want to spend, if any, to lighten up. I'll just go through what jumps out at me and let you decide.

Tent: substitute Tarptent Double Rainbow at 41 oz., save 1 1/2 lbs. This is the one expensive item; consider it for future years.
Water treatment: ditch the heavy filter; use Katadyn MicroPur or AquaMira Chlorine Dioxide tablets, save 14 oz.
Nalgene bottle: Substitute Platypus, save 2 oz. per bottle
Whisperlite stove: substitute canister stove such as MSR Pocket Rocket, save 9 oz. and a LOT of fussing and pumping! One large fuel canister would be 12 oz. and should be enough for 4 days for two; save another 2 oz..
Pots--do you really need more than one?
Ursack is not a bear canister and not really needed in Mt. Hood area unless, like me, you are such a lousy thrower that you can't hang your food. Save 6-7 oz. by using stuff sack and rope (especially since you have the rope anyway) and hanging your food.
Food--I hope that 11 lbs. is for 2 people! 1.5 lb. per person per day is about right. Any heavier, you need to concentrate more on dried foods. Check out Sarbar's website for many lighter food ideas.
Clothing seems a bit heavy, especially the 17 oz. insulating jacket; consider a lighter fleece jacket or a Patagonia Nanopuff sweater (warmer and lighter). Save ~5-7 oz. The general rule is to take only the amount of clothing you will wear all at one time in the worst expected conditions (the exception is extra socks).
Shoes--if you're wearing trail runners, you don't need camp shoes; save 11 oz.
Wallet--leave it at home (NOT in your car!). Take out the minimum you need (drivers license, insurance card, 1 debit or credit card, $5 and $20 bill), put it in a zippered sandwich bag in your pack. Save 6 oz.
Headlamp--Petzl e+lite or similar, save 3 oz.
First aid plus toiletries seems heavy; have you repackaged your toiletries in tiny containers, taking only the amount of each that you need for 4 days? And leave the deodorant (and a few towelettes for washing up) in the car. Should be able to save ~8 oz.
iphone--leave at home; you won't have reception a good part of the time.
Or is that your camera?

Total saved (not including iphone) ~89 oz., or 5 1/2 lb.

Not seen on list, unless I didn't read carefully enough:
Bug repellent; you'll need it this year! There is still a LOT of unmelted snow up there and mosquitoes will probably peak in about 2 weeks. Again, repackage and take only the amount you'll need for 4 days.
Camera, or is that your iphone?

Have you addressed how you are going to get across or around the washed out Eliot Creek crossing, which is officially closed? Check the Portlandhikers.org forum where there are are several threads on this subject.

The tent for now, I think I'm going to stay with, at least until I get a little more experience out there. The full tent is a crutch right now, and I'm completely ok with that.
The pots, I figured one would double as a lid / bowl for my friend who's going with (he has none of his own gear).
Food is for both of us
Will give the aquamira tablets a try.
Leaving the camp shoes are a good idea, brought them last time cause I had heavy boots, and there were a nice relief, but probably don't need them this time.
Wallet and Phone will at home.
As far as the jacket, is there anything in the 100-120$ (what I spent on the spruce run jacket) range that would compare as far as a down, or synthetic jacket that's lighter?
Stove: I don't know why I thought we would need one canister a day, and it would end up being heavier. I'll bring my superfly (4oz). I've got two 8oz canisters of fuel (one about half full), so that should be enough? or should I bring an extra 8oz just to be safe?
As far as bug spray, I've found it does nothing for me, but for some reason, sun screen seems to help.

As far as the water crossing, we'll take a look when we get there (it's about half way), and if we have to turn around and backtrack it won't be a huge deal. I have been following the thread, and we'll probably try to hike up the mountain and see what the crossing looks like, but we're fully prepared to turn around if need be.
Still look like I'm saving 3.5 lbs, pretty darn good.

EditL: Also, I believe part of the reason the synthetic jacket I have is so heavy is that it converts to a vest, so that would add a few oz no?

Edited by jainsworth123 (08/01/10 06:39 PM)

#137061 - 08/01/10 07:51 PM Re: Gear list [Re: jainsworth123]
OregonMouse Offline

Loc: Gateway to Columbia Gorge
For the jacket, you can get good fleece cheap from big box stores (if their fall stuff is in) or thrift stores without having to spend what you have to put out at REI. Just look at the light through the fleece to make sure there are no thin spots! A mid-weight (200 weight) fleece should be plenty warm enough and be about 12 oz. I got along fine with 200 wt. fleece as an insulation layer for quite a few years before getting a Montbell UL Thermawrap jacket (8 oz.). The Patagonia Nanopuff sweater is highly recommended and is lighter and warmer. I'm thinking of getting one myself to replace my Montbell! Watch for sales! Oregon Mountain Community (e-omc.com) in Portland has some on sale ($109) right now, if you wear a XL (gray) or L ("gecko green"). Or you can mail order for free shipping. (To get a decent price on Patagucci, you may have to put up with horrid colors, as witness my bright fuschia baselayer top and bright blue baselayer bottoms.)

Had you thought of doing the circuit from Cloud Cap, which would leave you a lot closer to your car in case of problems and still let you do most of the Timberline Trail? If you have 2 cars, you could park one at the Elk Cove trailhead and one at Cloud Cap so you can get around the Eliot Creek problem the easy way if you decide not to try the crossing.

Edited by OregonMouse (08/01/10 07:55 PM)

#137062 - 08/01/10 09:34 PM Re: Gear list [Re: jainsworth123]
Jimshaw Offline

Loc: Bend, Oregon
I just wanted to say that I live on the east side of the three sisters - the next mountains south of Hood, and it reached 37 degrees at my house this morning and I live at 3,200 feet elevation. I'm on my way up Saint Helens in Southern Washington - the next mountain nort of Hood and I'm planning for 30 to 50 at night and intense bugs. A head net can be a god send.
Jim

#137068 - 08/01/10 11:28 PM Re: Gear list [Re: Jimshaw]
jainsworth123 Offline

Originally Posted By Jimshaw
I just wanted to say that I live on the east side of the three sisters - the next mountains south of Hood, and it reached 37 degrees at my house this morning and I live at 3,200 feet elevation. I'm on my way up Saint Helens in Southern Washington - the next mountain nort of Hood and I'm planning for 30 to 50 at night and intense bugs. A head net can be a god send.
Jim

Well so much for the weather report :P. I guess I may have to change the sleeping bag back to the 25 degree halo. I do have a head net, and will throw it in for the whole 1/2oz it adds.
Thanks guys.

#137069 - 08/01/10 11:38 PM Re: Gear list [Re: jainsworth123]
ChrisFol Offline

Loc: Denver, Colordo
I am assuming that you do not want spend a fortune nor replace your big items at this time, so I will ignore your pack, tent and synthetic jacket at this time.

-Neo Air is heavy-- consider a torso length CCF pad. Costs less than $20 and will save you 5oz
-Filter system is heavy. Chlorine tablets weigh 1oz and costs $13. Save 14oz
-Stove is a monster. Switch to a simple canister stove and save 8oz or go to an alcohol stove and save much more.
-Evernew pot is heavy at 10oz. There are lighter options out there.
-Nix the mug and eat/drink out of your pot.
-Nalgene bottles are heavy. Use standard water bottles (Smartwater, Aquafiner etc)

You are also bringing far too many clothes for only four days.

-Nix either the shorts or hiking pants. No need for both. You also have dri-ducts pants.
-Nix the camp shoes

-You have two lighters, firestarter and matches-- I would just take the one lighter and matches,
-Nix tent and pad repair kit. Just use duct-tape.
-Iphone? Is there even any service? Leave it in the car or preferably at home.
-Wallet. Leave at home Put cash, ID and credit card into a ziplock bag.
-Nix the shovel. Use a rock or stick.

-FAK seems excessive. Try and narrow it down to around 3oz or so. Repackage items-- including tablets into ziplock bags and liquids into small 1oz bottles.

I don't see a camera or DEET on your list.

#137073 - 08/02/10 12:14 AM Re: Gear list [Re: OregonMouse]
jainsworth123 Offline

Originally Posted By OregonMouse
For the jacket, you can get good fleece cheap from big box stores (if their fall stuff is in) or thrift stores without having to spend what you have to put out at REI. Just look at the light through the fleece to make sure there are no thin spots! A mid-weight (200 weight) fleece should be plenty warm enough and be about 12 oz. I got along fine with 200 wt. fleece as an insulation layer for quite a few years before getting a Montbell UL Thermawrap jacket (8 oz.). The Patagonia Nanopuff sweater is highly recommended and is lighter and warmer. I'm thinking of getting one myself to replace my Montbell! Watch for sales! Oregon Mountain Community (e-omc.com) in Portland has some on sale ($109) right now, if you wear a XL (gray) or L ("gecko green"). Or you can mail order for free shipping. (To get a decent price on Patagucci, you may have to put up with horrid colors, as witness my bright fuschia baselayer top and bright blue baselayer bottoms.)

Had you thought of doing the circuit from Cloud Cap, which would leave you a lot closer to your car in case of problems and still let you do most of the Timberline Trail? If you have 2 cars, you could park one at the Elk Cove trailhead and one at Cloud Cap so you can get around the Eliot Creek problem the easy way if you decide not to try the crossing.

http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=94&p_id=2301283
How does that look? Will something will only 2oz of fill be able to keep me warm down to 30-40s? It's annoying that they don't have temperature ratings like sleeping bags do. Kinda hard to compare two jackets.

#137074 - 08/02/10 12:26 AM Re: Gear list [Re: ChrisFol]
jainsworth123 Offline

Originally Posted By ChrisFol
I am assuming that you do not want spend a fortune nor replace your big items at this time, so I will ignore your pack, tent and synthetic jacket at this time.

-Neo Air is heavy-- consider a torso length CCF pad. Costs less than $20 and will save you 5oz
-Filter system is heavy. Chlorine tablets weigh 1oz and costs $13. Save 14oz
-Stove is a monster. Switch to a simple canister stove and save 8oz or go to an alcohol stove and save much more.
-Evernew pot is heavy at 10oz. There are lighter options out there.
-Nix the mug and eat/drink out of your pot.
-Nalgene bottles are heavy. Use standard water bottles (Smartwater, Aquafiner etc)

You are also bringing far too many clothes for only four days.

-Nix either the shorts or hiking pants. No need for both. You also have dri-ducts pants.
-Nix the camp shoes

-You have two lighters, firestarter and matches-- I would just take the one lighter and matches,
-Nix tent and pad repair kit. Just use duct-tape.
-Iphone? Is there even any service? Leave it in the car or preferably at home.
-Wallet. Leave at home Put cash, ID and credit card into a ziplock bag.
-Nix the shovel. Use a rock or stick.

-FAK seems excessive. Try and narrow it down to around 3oz or so. Repackage items-- including tablets into ziplock bags and liquids into small 1oz bottles.

I don't see a camera or DEET on your list.

Kinda attached to the neo air, and like the full length pad. Not trying to cut every last oz at the expense of some comfort.
Tablets and stove are replaced already, and I'm looking at replacing the jacket now. Pack and tent are gonna stay either way for now. Didn't think the pack was all that heavy either.
The pot was for the pot and lid, and half of that was for my friend who is coming with me, but I do need the cup for tea.
I don't see what I can cut out on clothes, as I don't have any extras, just trying to dress for the weather. I thought the pants would be a good idea if the mosquitoes are particularly bad as a little extra protection.
Camp shoes are gone.
As far as the firestarter, 1oz for an actual fire ( the others are for the stove) is worth it to me.
Will duct tape work for a neo air out there?
The FAK also includes my sun screen, chapstick, ducttape, deodorant, baking soda and toothbrush.
I do appreciate the suggestions, and am taking them all into consideration.

#137077 - 08/02/10 01:16 AM Re: Gear list [Re: jainsworth123]
wandering_daisy Offline

Just for comparison, here is my gear list for 10-day increments of my next trip, for 30-day total (Ropers High Route in the Sierra). I am doing the route in three 10-day sections. The route involves over 30 high passes, and a late snow-melt this year, thus the ice axe and mountaineering clothing. Hopefully, if mosquitoes die down I will replace the tent with the bivy sack on the third leg and throw out the undershirt (mosquitoes bite through on my shoulders if I do not have this) and drop the ice axe. I am not a super lightweight packer. Many of my campsites will be at about 12,000 feet. I really need my 10-degree bag! I have done about 80% of this route previously in bits and pieces, so my gear selection is based on experience with the route. The clothing will stay about the same weight, but I am changing to clean stuff at each resupply! Later I will replace the down vest with a wool pullover based on the weather forecast.

Gear List for 10-day (30-day, Ropers High Sierra Route, 2 resupplies)

Tarptent Moment (+ 3 extra pegs) 2 lb 0 oz
GoLite Quest pack 2 lb 12 oz
WM Super Atelope SB (10-degree) +sil nyl stuff 2 lb 13.3 oz
x-sm thermarest + 2x2 blue sit pad 10.4 oz
compactor garbage bag 3 oz
Snow Peak stove 3.4 oz
Home-made wind screen 1 oz
Bearikade bear canister 2 lb 0 oz
Cord for hanging food and lowering pack 3 oz
Water bottle (old salad dressing bottle) 1.8 oz
2.5-liter collapsible water bottle 1.2 oz
Solo titanium cookpot 4.4 oz
Titanium cup and sporke 2.9 oz
Matches 1 oz
REI boys rain pants (yes they fit!) 8 oz
Marmot Precip rain jacket 12 oz
Mosquito head net 1.6 oz
Crocks (lots of stream crossings) 8 oz
Down vest 11 oz
ArcTerex Rho long johns 6.3 oz
Black Diamond micro fleece zip top 5.9 oz
ArcTerex windpro jacket 15.7 oz
2 pr SmartWool socks 4.8 oz
Fleece gloves 2.3 oz
2 kerchiefs (double for first aid, towel, hair tie) 1.8 oz
Fleece cap 2.2 oz
Fleece balaclava 2.2 oz
Large iso-butane canister 1 lb 6.7 oz
Maps, note paper, 2 mechanical pencils 4.0 oz
First Aid and personal hygiene * 1 lb 0.6 oz
Toilet paper 3.0 oz
Ice axe 1 lb 0 oz
Food (2,380 cal/day, 1.3 lb/day) 11 lb 9 oz
STARTING WEIGHT ON BACK 31 lb 8 oz

Camera and case 7.4 oz
Leike Trekking poles 15.4 oz
Merell Radland shoes + superfeet inserts 1 lb 13.6 oz
Mamut Schoeller climbing pants 15 oz
Underware and wicking running shirt 4.9 oz
Long sleeve nylon shirt (mosquito protection) 7 oz
Long gaitors (much snow on route) 5.8 oz
Baseball cap 2.9 oz
Smart Wool socks 2.4 oz
ITEMS WORN OR CARRIED 5 lb 7 oz

TOTAL WEIGHT 37 lb 3 oz
* first aid and personal
carrying case
Sunscreen
Chapstick
sunglasses/goggles
Comb
prescription glasses+case
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mosquito dope
face wipes (one per day)
Shampoo
Small kinfe andr scissors
First aid tape
ace bandage
Moleskin
Pills/earplugs
Headlamp
Whistle
Water treatment tablets
Needle and thread
Extra hair ties

Sorry, this started out as a nice list in two columns - do not know why it lost the columns making it harder to read.

#137566 - 08/12/10 05:12 PM Re: Gear list [Re: jainsworth123]
chndlr04 Offline

Loc: spotaylvania, va
this list is my backpacking list as well as my bug-out-bag. always ready to go 24/7. this list is not ultralight but i believe in quality/convience over lightweight/PIA. growing up in a military fam taught me to be ready all the time, my loadout is designed for me, i solo often and im deaf so i have no use for a short wave radio so i have a spot tracker to relieve my worry wart family

maxpedition(max) pygmy falcon 2 pack
outside of pack;
stuff sack for raincoat & pack cover
2X32oz naglene bottle
max triad admin pouch
SpecOps map case(rolled)
essee knives; the rat pack(on side of pack)

on strap
whistle
microlight
ticktweezer
max single mag pouch(w/ gerber suspension multi-tool)

inside max triad admin pouch
surefire 6p orig
several laminated survival/med refrences
laminated personal info
silva ranger compass
phone

inside mapcase
various topo maps & UTM plotter

inside essee; rat pack
pouch
rc-5 knife
diamond hone
rat fire kit
altoid tin(needle, thread, hook, fish line)
commando wire saw

pack comp 1 (1st aid)
various asst bandaids
tylenol, ibuprophen, vicodin, etc
compression bandage
gauze and tape
m2 1handed ratcheting tourniquet
5pk quickclot

pack comp 2(survival)
katadyn water tablets
signal mirror(good 4 1st aid)
carmex lipbalm
BIC lighter
toothbrush\toothpaste powder(ziploc)
toilet paper(ziploc)
2X light sticks
rite in the rain field book & pen
pocket refrence book(ziploc)
katadyn hiker water filter

pack comp 3(survival/camping)
jetboil personal cooking system
stuff sack with vaccum sealed dehydrated/powder/flake food
light my fire spork
50' paracord
gloves
commando saw wire(in glove)
hennessy hammock; scout
2 socks, 2 underwear,quick dry shirt, 65/35 polyster/cotton pants.

the hennessy hammock occasionally sits on the outside of the pack under the first compartment to fit more food

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Yosemite Winter Rangers
by balzaccom
12/21/23 09:35 AM
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 273 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia, WanderBison
13240 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum