I finally finished it! I used the 1.1 oz per sq. yrd. ripstop nylon from Quest outfitters. I also used the 4 oz. per sq. yrd. primaloft from quest.
This project was a lot easier and more fun than I thought it was going to be. I needed to learn how to sew first but after practicing on some fabric that would eventually be my pattern I was confident I could do it.
I cut all the pieces to the dimensions that I had come up with.
I then sewed the extra insulation into the lining.
I did this to add some warmth over the top of me. I am very glad I did. It adds a ton of warmth while adding very little weight.
I then sewed the outer seam and the footbox.
Unfortunately I do not have a small scale so I cannot get an accurate weight. The package weighed 2 pounds exactly when I got it so I am thinking it weighs about a pound and a half or less. I let about 2.5 inches of the blue shell fabric overhang the seem around the outside. I did this to help prevent cold drafts.
The quilt showcases my non existent sewing skills but I love it. I had SO!!! much fun making it. It also turned out to be the perfect size. Making gear is so much fun!
I posted this in more detail on my blog