boot suggestion

Posted by: wyominglostandfound

boot suggestion - 02/16/08 06:38 PM

i know there is alot of concern over which boots to buy for hiking the backcountry. i will give the best opinion of choice of footwear that my thousands of miles of backcountry hiking and packing will permit. i wear meindl perfekt hikers in the summer and perfekt hunters for the winter. they can only be found through cabelas. i promise you there is no better 220 dollar boot out there. sizes are right on. wider feet need the e or ee width. they have cork footbeds and are waterproof if you maintain them with meindl boot wax. i have worn a pair for 3 years exclusively and they still have 2 more years in them. with a bad left foot i have problems with shoes. wearing the meindls for 10-12 hours a day gives me no problems. break in time is minimal. you will not be dissapointed with these boots so get a pair before the prices go up.
Posted by: Paddy_Crow

Re: boot suggestion - 02/17/08 12:04 PM

No thanks.
Posted by: hootyhoo

Re: boot suggestion - 02/17/08 01:29 PM

Those look nice. Here is what I wear

http://montrail.com/Product.aspx?prod=120&cat=110&top=1

year round.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: boot suggestion - 02/17/08 02:16 PM

Far, far too heavy for me, and probably for just about everyone else on this forum--which, in case you hadn't noticed, is heavily slanted towards lightweight gear. Unlike most of the regular posters here, I do wear boots because of ankle issues, but not much more than 2 pounds per pair.

I do enjoy your posts about Wyoming, though--I grew up around Laramie and plan a "nostalgia trip" to the Wind Rivers this summer.