PCT Days in Cascade Locks, Aug 28 - 30

Posted by: BrianLe

PCT Days in Cascade Locks, Aug 28 - 30 - 08/04/15 12:14 AM

As of this morning there are still tent sites available for PCT Days in Cascade Locks, Aug 28 - 30. I know as I just booked three sites for myself and a couple of visiting friends.

Cascade Locks is where the PCT crosses from Oregon into Washington, just on the Oregon side of the Bridge of the Gods. About 40 miles east of Portland.

More info: http://www.pctdays.com/
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: PCT Days in Cascade Locks, Aug 28 - 30 - 08/10/15 08:02 PM

I've tried to get to this gathering several times. The latest was when, while I was driving home from Seattle Saturday morning, poor Hysson (who was still with me then) got an attack of explosive diarrhea--and I mean explosive! I spent the rest of the weekend cleaning up my car and bathing the poor dog! Ah, the joys of dog ownership (not much different from parenthood)!

It took half a dozen tries for the lists of sponsors to show up on the site Brian links to. ZPacks will be there, even though it's a long trip from Florida. Next Adventure from Portland is a dealer for ULA packs. Gossamer Gear is coming. Aside from those, it's all brand-name stuff--evidently most of the "cottage" folks don't come.

I really should go if I'm in town that weekend--it'a only 25 minutes' drive from my house.