Resolution #9

Posted by: balzaccom

Resolution #9 - 01/01/15 09:45 AM

We’re not big believers in making New Years’ resolutions. For one thing, if something is that important to us, we’ll try to work on it, no matter what the date. And if it’s not that important, tying it to a calendar isn’t likely to make it matter to us more.

But we do have one resolution we are going to follow in 2015…and follow it resolutely. We are going to make, and take, more time for ourselves. We are going to spend more time in the mountains, backpacking, and seeing the parts of the world that we love so much. We aren’t getting any younger, and there is no reason to wait. We don’t need more stuff. But we would like to have more fun!

Admittedly, others feel differently. And if you have one you’d like to share, we'd love to know about it.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/01/15 02:09 PM

I only have two resolutions:

1) Get faster and stronger on the mountain bike.
2) Have more adventurous stories to tell.

smile
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/01/15 03:25 PM

ETSU: you might want to add a third resolution: Live to tell those stories.

"Let's be safe out there." smile
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/01/15 05:01 PM

What retirement? grin In light of that cavalier attitude towards saving for when we can no longer can get out the door, we decided to join a local gym today, as we hiked off a mountain with our packs on. We train for the Sierra, we train for the Grand Canyon , we train to keep on keeping on, which, as all well know , gets harder with age. Someday trails will be unattainable physically; we want to push that away as long as possible.
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/02/15 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts
ETSU: you might want to add a third resolution: Live to tell those stories.

"Let's be safe out there." smile

I'm always taking safety precautions! smile I'm not that hardcore of an adventurer, it just nice to have tales to tell when sitting around table with a few friends.
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/02/15 12:16 PM

I know-I just couldn't resist giving you a hard time!
Happy New Years
Posted by: tramp

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/02/15 06:56 PM

I'm with balzaccom. More time for me and less time making money for someone else. Went out and purchased my fishing license this afternoon and already have ridden the motorcycle 200 miles this year. I've given notice at my job because of some shady dealings going on I want no part of. I'll never be able to retire unless I eventually pick up a winning lotto ticket so I'm resigned to having less and enjoying it more. And it starts yesterday. laugh
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Resolution #9 - 01/03/15 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By tramp
I'm with balzaccom. More time for me and less time making money for someone else. Went out and purchased my fishing license this afternoon and already have ridden the motorcycle 200 miles this year. I've given notice at my job because of some shady dealings going on I want no part of. I'll never be able to retire unless I eventually pick up a winning lotto ticket so I'm resigned to having less and enjoying it more. And it starts yesterday. laugh

All good stuff right there....