Is this 5.11 Rush 72 A Good Backpacking Backpack?

Posted by: ableright

Is this 5.11 Rush 72 A Good Backpacking Backpack? - 07/05/14 01:53 PM

So I've found what looks to be highly rated bags for backpacking a few nights in the wilderness that are way cheaper than this bag. That said however this bag is very large and is impressive see the link to amazon below:

Amazon Bag I'm Thinking Of Here (link disabled)

That said I don't know if I can justify spending that kind of money on a bag or perhaps that type of bag isn't good at all for spending days in the back country wilderness?

What do people here think?
Posted by: aimless

Re: Is this 5.11 Rush 72 A Good Backpacking Backpack? - 07/05/14 02:37 PM

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, due to the prevalence of SEO spam, we do not allow live links to commercial sites like Amazon from members who have no track record at our site. When you've spent more time here, that restriction will be relaxed.

Members who wish to can search for it to see which pack you are referencing, using the information in your thread title: 5.11 Rush 72 backpack

I can also say that the pack you linked to does not look to me at all well-designed for wilderness trekking. It would not effectively transfer the weight you are carrying so it can be supported by your hips rather than the shoulder straps. On a long hike with a moderate load that can cause enough soreness to ruin your trip. frown And a backpack that "large and impressive" will almost certainly get crammed with enough stuff that it will be a heavy load, not a moderate one.