Replacing Lost Tent Poles (REI QuarterDome UL)

Posted by: jwawa

Replacing Lost Tent Poles (REI QuarterDome UL) - 08/04/13 11:33 PM

I have a 2004 REI Quarter Dome UL tent, but my daughter lost the tent poles for it. I'd like to possibly replace them, but I don't know the original specs. Would anyone happen to have the actual specs, or advice on how to make sure I get a comparable set to what it came with?

I wish I at least knew the actual length/diameter of the poles. :-(
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Replacing Lost Tent Poles (REI QuarterDome UL) - 08/05/13 07:14 AM

I'd try contacting REI - if they can't replace the poles, they might be able to find the specs for you.
Posted by: jwawa

Re: Replacing Lost Tent Poles (REI QuarterDome UL) - 08/07/13 10:03 AM

Thanks, Glenn, they just refer folks to tentpole technologies who gave me a quote, but not the specs. I'm sure they would do a great job with the poles, but it's more than I want to spend for a tent that's nearly ten years old now. So I'd like to see about manufacturing them myself either from some spare poles I have lying around, or with parts from questoutfitters or sites like that. For the cost of the quote to have someone else do them, I'm pretty sure I could manufacture them myself for about half the cost (which is more around what I'd want to spend). If I had the specs, I could manufacture them with carbon fiber and still save some money (plus I'll have done it myself, which always feels good. smile )