Water Bottle Ideas

Posted by: WDW4

Water Bottle Ideas - 08/01/13 10:06 AM

What ideas do you have about improving or modifying current water bottles on the market today? Do you use your water bottle for anything other than carrying liquid? Let me know!

Thanks!
Posted by: topshot

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/02/13 09:59 PM

I use a 2 L platy for a pillow (with or without some water in it).

I normally just use a Gatorade bottle for my regular drinking bottle. Not sure what you could improve on.
Posted by: dcm579

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/06/13 01:27 AM

We always buy Vita Water bottles, nice tough bottles, large mouth and refill at the next water crossing once the drink is gone. We use these each trip and simply recycle once home. Works for us..
Posted by: wandering_daisy

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/16/13 08:10 PM

I use vinegar bottles. They are designed to be stable under acidic conditions (good for chlorine tablets), are really tough (dropped a few off cliffs and they still were useable) and weigh less than Nalgene bottles (but are heavier than pop or water bottles). I use vinegar at home anyway, so the cost is zero. The quart size is good, fits in my pack pockets. One quart is all I use for a day's hiking. In addition, I take one or two 2.0 liter Plytapus bottle for camp water. I collect water immediately when to camp, and solar heat the water, which really saves gas when cooking.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/16/13 10:31 PM

Soda/pop bottles are designed to hold up under pressure, and since the stuff is acidic, they also hold up that way.

So is most juice, especially the pure cranberry juice I buy and whose plastic bottles I use if I want a wider moutn.
Posted by: Samoset

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/19/13 02:15 PM

I use an aluminum 16oz budlight bottle with a old wine cork , for a canteen on day hikes in the event of emergency I wouldn't hesitate to boil water in bottle and its really lite
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/19/13 05:15 PM

And, best of all, you get to empty it out to convert it to a water bottle - sounds like a win-win to me!
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/20/13 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By Samoset
I use an aluminum 16oz budlight bottle with a old wine cork , for a canteen on day hikes in the event of emergency I wouldn't hesitate to boil water in bottle and its really lite

I have seen, and purchased, aluminum soda bottles. There is also the resealable monster energy drink bottles.
Posted by: finallyME

Re: Water Bottle Ideas - 08/20/13 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
I use vinegar bottles.

I will have to look at those. I usually either buy vinegar in a glass bottle, or a big gallon jug that doesn't have a twist lid.