Missing pouch to jansport pack

Posted by: ReliefAshama

Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/19/13 02:31 PM

Hi, new guy here.

My pack used to have a pouch that zipped on the front of it. It was a terrific pouch that I used for years on its own but somewhere along the line it got lost, which doesn't copy. Hmmm, kids. Anyway...

Now I want to try to get a replacement.

My pack is a mountaineering external frame from 1987 the pouch itself was black. It zipped on the front of the pack below the main compartment opening. See a pic below.

EDIT: because where's my pic?

http://bk.homelinux.com/images-mine/pouchless-pack.jpg
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/19/13 03:43 PM

"I want to get a replacement..."

For the pouch or for the pack? (Hi, I'm Glenn and I'm a gearaholic...:) )
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/19/13 04:54 PM

I have the same pack with the same problem, a little older. It believe it was called the crampon bag and mine was torn apart by an obnoxious husky when I left it off the pack. I figured I'd never see another, I hope you find one.

Charlie
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/19/13 08:48 PM

Not knowing really what you're looking for, I did run across a crampon pocket on the Osprey pack website. I have no idea if it would fit your pack or not.

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/19/13 08:56 PM

http://www.backcountry.com/jansport-d2-85-backpack-5221cu-in

Look at this, a re-issue! Call Jansport and they may sell you the zip-on separate. Only problem is it'll be orange. I'd still get it if it has the same zipper. Mine use to be very handy. http://www.jansport.com/shop/VFStaticContentView?storeId=10203&emsName=contactUs
Have you ever seen these frames with the back foam braces removed and replaced with para-cord woven the whole length of your back? Very comfortable. Mine is going back into use next winter- breathes so much better than an internal frame and carries fine with snowshoes on.

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/20/13 06:15 PM

I want to replace the bag.

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/20/13 06:17 PM

Thanks for your replies. That orange pack certainly comes at ya! A very similar pack to mine.

EDIT: I have contacted JanSport customer service, thanks for the link.

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack - 06/20/13 06:58 PM

I'll see if they have 2.

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack [SOLVED] - 01/30/14 03:35 PM

OP has returned to close this thread!

Heh.

Jansport said no way. Sigh. I guess it's getting lucky at estate sales and such.

Have fun everyone.
Posted by: BZH

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack [SOLVED] - 01/30/14 04:30 PM

Jansport has a Lifetime warranty. I guess they don't warrant against losing the item. frown Too bad

Re: Missing pouch to jansport pack [SOLVED] - 01/31/14 08:01 AM

I guess mine will remain without. Thanks for letting us know.