Canadian goose down!

Posted by: rockchucker22

Canadian goose down! - 11/11/12 08:49 PM

Holly crap I'm sick of the spam! Can't we counter spam these jerks? Or better yet can't we stop this?
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Canadian goose down! - 11/11/12 09:58 PM

When you find a post you think is spam, please hit the "Notify" button. We appreciate your help in keeping this scourge within bounds. Spam will usually get taken care of promptly by the moderators. If there is a big chunk of it from a single spammer, we may leave it for the site administrator, Packlite, who has the ability to ban the spammer and delete all its (it's usually a spambot) posts with a single click, far easier than going post by post. He's also working hard at blocking any security holes that turn up.

There have been a lot of big spam attacks on a number of forums lately, at the rate of hundreds an hour. We've been lucky, so far!
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: Canadian goose down! - 11/11/12 10:23 PM

Will do!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Canadian goose down! - 11/11/12 11:42 PM

The spam showing up only in "Active Topics" will be dealt with, but it's a case for the forum administrator. I'm quite positive he will take care of it as soon as he can! Thanks, rockchucker, for locating this!
Posted by: packlite

Re: Canadian goose down! - 11/12/12 12:40 AM

I found where it was coming in and deleted all of it (I think). I'm monitoring the situation now and may have already closed the gate the spammer is using. If not, I'll keep working it.