AntiGravity Gear

Posted by: Glenn

AntiGravity Gear - 03/28/12 02:49 PM

Does anyone here stay in contact with Tinman over at AntiGravity Gear? I ordered a two pot cozies for my Titan Kettle, and was charged for 2, but they only shipped 1. Based on the fact that I've never, ever read anything adverse about the company, I'm assuming this is a simple shipping error - it could happen to anyone.

I've tried, over the last two weeks, calling twice and leaving a message, and using their customer service email form, and so far no one has gotten back to me. I'm thinking that maybe he's out hiking, and there's no one manning the business for a week or two. Anybody know? I'm not upset or anything, I just don't want to start bombarding them with a call and two emails every day if they're just out doing what we'd all like to do: hike more. In the end, I'm not going to worry about it, since it's nothing I have to have, and it was only $10 to start with.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 03/28/12 04:03 PM

No word at Backpacking Light either, they are quick to note anything unusual.
Duane
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 03/28/12 08:30 PM

I just did my every-other-week check of Sgt. Rock's Hiking HQ, and Tinman posted there today. I presume it's the same Tinman.
Posted by: Glenn

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 04/03/12 09:22 AM

Just had a very nice conversation with George Andrews (Tinman); as I suspected, he was just very busy and hadn't had a chance to follow up on the order. He's a very nice fellow to talk to, and the problem was resolved in a no-hassle, no-questions-asked manner. I'll definitely be doing business with him again.
Posted by: Zeroignite

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 04/25/12 02:08 PM

I called him to ask a few questions about an order a couple of weeks ago. Ended up not only getting great product info, but also a tip on some good backpacking spots! Great guy.
Posted by: JPete

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 04/25/12 02:37 PM

Has any one else stumbled onto the very light AT strip maps AGG is now publishing. My wife found them, asked if they would be helpful. I''d never seen them. Used them on the last two trips. You don't really need guidebook pages, they are that complete. Obviously I'm really impressed. Put together by the "mapbanna" people, and the paper has proven to be virtually indestructable.
I think I'll get the whole set for if I ever thru hike again (thinking about doing it when I'm 80 -- four years from now). Only thing they don't have is the surrounding area...access roads,towns, etc.

best, jcp
Posted by: Ewker

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 04/25/12 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By OregonMouse
I just did my every-other-week check of Sgt. Rock's Hiking HQ, and Tinman posted there today. I presume it's the same Tinman.

that isn't the same Tin Man. He says he gets asked that a lot
Posted by: Ewker

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 04/25/12 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By JPete
Has any one else stumbled onto the very light AT strip maps AGG is now publishing. My wife found them, asked if they would be helpful. I''d never seen them. Used them on the last two trips. You don't really need guidebook pages, they are that complete. Obviously I'm really impressed. Put together by the "mapbanna" people, and the paper has proven to be virtually indestructable.
I think I'll get the whole set for if I ever thru hike again (thinking about doing it when I'm 80 -- four years from now). Only thing they don't have is the surrounding area...access roads,towns, etc.

best, jcp

are you talking about these? I have seen the ones for the BMT and they look pretty good
Posted by: JPete

Re: AntiGravity Gear - 04/25/12 04:26 PM

Yeah, they sure look a lot like that. Can't get over the weight savings. Plus, I find them very easy to use, and having gotten one of them badly soaked, I no longer worry about my map getting wet. And maybe best of all, for the information on them they are really cheap. best, jcp