New guy

Posted by: treck

New guy - 11/26/11 08:12 PM

New to the site. I've noticed there are a few folks from aroung Chattanooga area. I'm north of there, about 2 miles from Fall Creek Falls.

How many guys form my neck of the woods?
Posted by: aimless

Re: New guy - 11/26/11 08:19 PM

Welcome. We've got members from all over North America, plus a few from overseas. While you are waiting for some other replies, check out the Trip Reports forum to see whether it has some hikes from your neighborhood.
Posted by: Barefoot Friar

Re: New guy - 11/27/11 11:20 AM

I live in NE Alabama, about 45 minutes from Chattanooga. Just up the mountain from Scottsboro.

What kind of hiking do you have up your way? I usually go to the Sipsey Wilderness in Bankhead NF, but I'm trying to expand my territory a bit.

I've found this place to be exceedingly helpful and the people friendly. I hope your time here is great!
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: New guy - 11/27/11 04:53 PM

I've seen quite a few trip reports from the SE US. I'm sure some of those folks will respond.

Welcome to the forum!

Re: New guy - 11/27/11 06:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome fella! Bear, there is actually some great hikeing all around me. My wife and kids and I relocated from another part of the state last summer. Fall Creek Falls has some great day hikes. Savage Gulf, Scott's Gulf, are not far at all and I'm probably within an hour's drive of several other great places I just haven't had an opportunity to hit yet!
Posted by: BZH

Re: New guy - 11/28/11 01:26 PM

Welcome! Fall Creek Falls huhh? Reminds me of a city here in California called Westlake. There is a lake there called... Westlake Lake. So is there a water falls in Fall Creek Falls called Fall Creek Falls Falls?
Posted by: kevbo610

Re: New guy - 11/28/11 02:26 PM

yeah. if Walla- Walla, Wa. had a big water falls,and everybody went there in october to see the changing of the leaves, it could be called" WALLA-WALLA's WALLA-WALLA FALLS'FALL BALL!

Re: New guy - 11/28/11 08:51 PM

Fall Creek .....Falls is actually the tallest water fall east of the rocky's. It's 260', or there abouts. It's a really cool place and the best part is folks drive from miles around to go to the Smokey's and never think of coming here!! Just the way we like it!!
Posted by: kevbo610

Re: New guy - 11/28/11 10:40 PM

i hitched up to amicalola falls in north georgia in june and spent a few days up there. very beautiful, thinking about going back next week for a few days if the weather gets right.
Posted by: Blue_Ridge_Ninja

Re: New guy - 11/29/11 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By treck
New to the site. I've noticed there are a few folks from aroung Chattanooga area. I'm north of there, about 2 miles from Fall Creek Falls.

How many guys form my neck of the woods?

Welcome. I'm about an hour and 15 min. or so south of you.