huge ball of twine.

Posted by: Banjopickin

huge ball of twine. - 06/17/11 07:40 PM

I have come into posession of a huge roll of baling twine. If your not sure what that is its the orange(typically) synthetic twine that is used on balers when creating hay bales and/or pine straw bales. A farmer buddy of mine gave me one and its probably many thousands of feet of the stuff. Its fairly strong and its really easy to tie into knots. So far ive used it for tying down my tarp but im sure there are tons of other uses for the stuff. Anybody have any suggestions for putting this stuff to good use in my pack?? Thanks.
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: huge ball of twine. - 06/18/11 12:30 AM

It might improve the sound of your banjo!
Posted by: GDeadphans

Re: huge ball of twine. - 06/18/11 12:33 AM

I second balzacoms comment hehe.

Or, make a twine hammock! Well, that may be very uncomfortable...
Posted by: Dryer

Re: huge ball of twine. - 06/18/11 09:24 AM

I use that stuff for everything...super strong, weather proof, sun proof. Tie up trash, hoist antennas, pull electrical wire, guy line, but I've never used it for my banjo...maybe for a strap sling?
Posted by: Banjopickin

Re: huge ball of twine. - 06/18/11 08:48 PM

YES!! A wash basin, broom handle, and some twine = home made stand up bass?? And I have been needing a new strap for the ole' minnow dipper...
Posted by: coyotemaster

Re: huge ball of twine. - 06/19/11 08:25 AM

You could try this...

And this...

Posted by: GDeadphans

Re: huge ball of twine. - 06/19/11 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By Banjopickin
YES!! A wash basin, broom handle, and some twine = home made stand up bass?? And I have been needing a new strap for the ole' minnow dipper...

YEA!! Man I have been wanting to make one of those for quite a while! My schools music teacher made one and I play from time to time. Lot of fun!