Colmen Hooligan 4 Tent

Posted by: Louisiana-Camper

Colmen Hooligan 4 Tent - 08/05/10 03:42 PM

Im looking to buy a hooligan 4 tent made by Colmen.Heres a link to it.http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000001591-Hooligan-4-Tent/dp/B001TS8OEG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1281037195&sr=8-3

I was wondering if anyone has one of these tents and if the like it ? Dont like it? Or anything I should know?

Thank you
Posted by: GDeadphans

Re: Colmen Hooligan 4 Tent - 08/05/10 08:30 PM

Hey there Louisiana Camper.

Here are a few things about a Coleman tent. When I first started getting in to camping, I had a 3 person tent by them. They are not exactly water proof, nor are they easy to carry. I am not sure what kind of camping you do, but I would restrict this tent to car camping only.

It weighs 13 pounds, which is a lot of weight for just a tent. The dimensions when rolled up aren't even listed so I am assuming it is going to be quite bulky. The Coleman tent I had packed down to a size that needed its own small backpack hehe. The seams leaked during heavy rainstorms, but was decent during light rain. Also one of my poles plastic coating cracked after a few uses. It is still usable, I was just bummed. You will also need to buy a stuff sack because the bag it comes in is more like a duffel bag. I bought a Campmor compression sack.

But again this tent would work well car camping. I personally would not want to carry a 13 pound tent on my back for an extended period of time.