New User! Questions about Superior Hiking Trail

Posted by: woolrocks

New User! Questions about Superior Hiking Trail - 03/22/10 10:37 PM

Hello everyone!

I am a 21 year old college student in Minnesota who loves to do anything in the outdoors. I have done several camping, canoeing, biking and backpacking trips around the US and on several continents as well. As you can tell by my username, I love wool; it is such a great fabric for the outdoors, and I try to use it whenever I can!

Just a general question for everyone:

I'm planning on hiking the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota this summer. I'd like to introduce my girlfriend to backpacking, and I would like to go up there with her as many weekends as I can over the summer. What are some good 2-3 night/ day hikes in the area? She is pretty physically fit and has a good amount of energy, so something too easy would most likely bore her...

Thanks in advance for the welcome and the help!
Posted by: Tango61

Re: New User! Questions about Superior Hiking Trail - 03/22/10 10:54 PM

You might try using the search engine on this website and look for Superior Hiking Trail. It has been discussed recently.

Welcome to the website.
Posted by: Randy

Re: New User! Questions about Superior Hiking Trail - 03/25/10 09:58 PM

Hey woolrocks! We are neighbors! Take a look here for my recent SHT trips and pics. I did two different 2 days trips and one 3 day trip on the SHT last year. If you have transportation or use the shuttle, there are a boatload of options for a 3 day hike. Many have enough elevation change to keep things interesting. I will also be doing several 2 and 3 day trips this year. I plan to complete the trail over the next 2 summers...
Have fun, and if you see an old guy with a large German Shepherd on the SHT, say hello!