Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM

Posted by: Jimshaw

Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM - 01/31/10 02:21 PM

Well I finally got to test my Big Agnes insulated air core long mummy shaped air mattress. It weighs just a few ounces less that the huge 3 inch thick over sized long Warmlight Down Filled Air Mattress with pillow. The Big Agnes was comfortable enough and warm enough (I use both on top of a section of a zrester)for an old guy, but it is far less luxurious that the DAM, and it made me long for my pillow. I have to get the valve replaced in my 20 year old DAM. That's why I use the Big Agnes.
Jim
Posted by: oldranger

Re: Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM - 01/31/10 08:49 PM

Pillows? What is this talk of pillows? What's next, lace curtains?

Just roll up a snowball, put it in a stuff sack, and call it good. Or maybe a nice rounded granite boulder....
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM - 01/31/10 09:10 PM

oldranger I'm sure you sleep with your head on your saddle to keep Injuns from stealin it. mad
Jim
Posted by: skippy

Re: Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM - 02/03/10 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By oldranger
Pillows? What is this talk of pillows? What's next, lace curtains?

I think I do recall Jim already mentioning in a prior post that he used curtains for bug netting when he was younger. He must of now switched to lace.

-Skippy
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM - 02/03/10 04:03 PM

Back from lace curtains--might make pretty mosquito netting, at that--to the original topic: Jim, presuming you did your trial in below-freezing temps, was the BA Air pad warm enough? I believe they are rated (supposedly) to 15*F but have heard stories that 30*F is more like it.
Posted by: phat

Re: Big Agnes vs Warmlight DAM - 02/03/10 09:57 PM

Well I've never had a DAM - but I've used a BA aircore for three winter seasons now - and it's as warm/warmer than anything else I've used. I have *definately* used it, bare, below 30, heck 15 is probably accurate. I've slept comfortably on it and nothing else in -10 centigrade or thereabouts. I *have* slept on it down to -28C - but that was with it sandwitched with a blue foam on top and another on the bottom.

Jim said he had a section of Zrester under it - which will affect temperature as well.