Show a movie on your tent wall.

Posted by: Keith

Show a movie on your tent wall. - 01/28/10 11:22 PM

Saw this at the airport Brookstone coming back from Thailand the other day . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxOTeiMMFg8&feature=player_embedded#
Posted by: Fiddleback

Re: Show a movie on your tent wall. - 01/29/10 09:15 AM

There's several pico projectors on the market and, ironically, projection of video onto a tent wall might be one of the few satisfactory uses. From what I've read, the image brightness falls dramatically with projection distance and most if not all benefit greatly from a dim/darkened room.

I was looking for such a projector for My Lady who has a collection of movies on her iPod(s). But I eventually concluded the pico projectors aren't yet ready for prime time...

On the other hand, the DLP chip technology at the heart of the projectors makes for superb yet lower cost widescreen HD TVs.

FB
Posted by: Jimshaw

Re: Show a movie on your tent wall. - 01/29/10 12:11 PM

Interesting idea. I'm not sure how the color would be affected by projection on a yellow or green tent?
However say on a white tent it could be cool with low ambient light. It brings to mind having playboy foldouts pinned to the inside of our tents when I was a boyscout, and makes me think of sexting while camping as a new form of entertainment.
Did I actually say that? I wonder if I could get a good image projecting onto my white spectra pack?
Jim
Posted by: 300winmag

Re: Show a movie on your tent wall. - 02/06/10 03:02 PM

OO! OO! Gotta have one of these! I'll just leave my GPS and I-Pod at home. Who needs 'em?

Eric
Posted by: Keith

Re: Show a movie on your tent wall. - 02/07/10 10:35 PM

But you use your iPod as the video source for the projector . . .