Stream crossing footwear input needed

Posted by: Darwin

Stream crossing footwear input needed - 10/11/09 06:27 PM

What do you recommend to wear on your feet when crossing streams when the water is too high for boots? I was told that it's not good to bare-foot it. I'm looking for something that would protect my feet, is lightweight and is good for gripping rocks in the streams.

Darwin
daroos@indiana.edu
Posted by: Trailrunner

Re: Stream crossing footwear input needed - 10/11/09 08:43 PM

There is already a discussion on this subject here.
Posted by: TomD

Re: Stream crossing footwear input needed - 10/12/09 01:01 AM

Thanks TR, we don't need to rehash this one so soon.
Posted by: Darwin

Re: Stream crossing footwear input needed - 10/13/09 09:56 PM

I'm sorry about that guys. I didn't realize that this had already been addressed. In the future, how do I search for topics that have already been touched on?
Posted by: Trailrunner

Re: Stream crossing footwear input needed - 10/14/09 01:21 AM

The words "stream crossing footwear" (don't include quotes) entered into the board's search engine will yield a list of existing threads, including the one I linked to. I pointed out that thread because it's lengthy, recent, and I thought it may contain information you're looking for.

If you use the advanced search engine, be sure to change the time frame from the default of 1 week to the maximum of one year.

Also, TomD posted a good introduction to the search engine here. That post is slightly dated because the forum was revamped last year and the new search engine only allows a date range of one year. You can also search the archives, linked at the left lower corner of the Forum main page. There, you can search back more than one year.

Happy hunting.