Frost tonight

Posted by: Jimshaw

Frost tonight - 08/22/10 06:50 PM

well its the middle of August and its supposed to frost tonight in the Cascades, be prepared.
Jim
Posted by: GDeadphans

Re: Frost tonight - 08/22/10 09:51 PM

Summer is coming to a close. frown

Well at least it was a good one! Time to fill the oil tank, unpack the warm clothes, and plant cold weather crops in the garden. I think I am going to try some garden boxes to prolong the season.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Frost tonight - 08/23/10 01:38 AM

Possible snow (down to 6500 ft.) forecast in the WA Cascades for next weekend-which is when I was going to take out my grandkids. We'll get ready and then decide Friday morning whether to go or wait to see if it improves Labor Day weekend. It's 5-year-old "Bear's" first trip, so we don't want to subject him to bad weather on his first outing.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Frost tonight - 08/24/10 08:50 AM

It was down to the upper 30's last weekend at home. I left the windows open Friday night thinking Saturday would be hot, then had to leave the door and a couple windows open Saturday and Sunday during the afternoon, trying to warm it up inside.

Re: Frost tonight - 08/24/10 11:16 AM

Thats really nice, hope "Bear" enjoys his first trip, wherever/whenever it may be!

Re: Frost tonight - 08/24/10 05:05 PM

Its pretty common here to have the heat on in the morning and then have the swamp cooler on by noon, then have windows openin the evning with a big window fan, and then finally closing up the house and covering the dog with her blanket. Thats life on the high desert.
Jim
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Frost tonight - 08/24/10 08:19 PM

You people make me sick! mad

I was 106 F here yesterday. BUT..a cold front just came through. It's now 87F for about 5 hours. Frost??? Only on my frozen mug.

Re: Frost tonight - 08/25/10 01:16 PM

yeh, but how long is that mug frosty and when does it start to SWEAT?
Posted by: Dryer

Re: Frost tonight - 08/25/10 04:53 PM

About 2.1 minutes.
Posted by: hikerduane

Re: Frost tonight - 08/25/10 07:25 PM

I thought I smelled wood smoke Sunday morning but couldn't see which neighbor was using their stove. While I was moving my never ending supply of firewood around to make it purdy. My wood shed is filled up and ready to go. Bring it on!

Re: Frost tonight - 09/17/10 12:18 AM

LOL dryer.

First frost happened last night about 3 hours north of here. Its coming! Hoop houses and cold frames are in production.

I already miss those beautiful summer nights where you can hang out in shorts and no shirt and feel comfortable.