Recipe: Peanut Butter and Stuff Tortilla

Posted by: Gershon

Recipe: Peanut Butter and Stuff Tortilla - 03/01/12 08:32 AM

I discovered peanut butter which is nothing but ground peanuts. I get it at Vitamin Cottage which is a natural food store in Colorado and some surrounding states. It comes in a 1 lb lightweight plastic container. I use tortillas for a lot of things. They keep well and don't crush.

This is a good substitute for a couple granola bars and a lot tastier. Most of my recipes are 300 calories and work out to 1.5 pounds a day for 3,000 calories.

The recipe is my own. I think it tastes great.

Posted by: wandering_daisy

Re: Peanut Butter and Stuff Tortilla - 03/05/12 10:44 PM

In most stores, even regular grocery stores, you can grind your own peanut butter from bulk peanuts. Go to the natural foods section of your favorite store and see if they offer this. Energy bars or granola bars are a big rip-off. Gershon's recipe here proves that. I personally would leave out the carob chips.
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Peanut Butter and Stuff Tortilla - 03/06/12 09:25 AM

The grinding of your own "butter" is actually pretty nice I think. I have been doing a mixture of peanut, almond, and macadamia nut butter that I like. We gave up on buying granola years ago and we make our own. I am still up and down on using tortillas; I like them best heated up and that is not always feasible.
Posted by: Keith

Re: Peanut Butter and Stuff Tortilla - 03/10/12 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By wandering_daisy
I personally would leave out the carob chips.

Yeah, dark chocolate is better!
laugh
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Peanut Butter and Stuff Tortilla - 06/10/14 08:08 AM

Tortillas are a staple for us on the trail. Almond butter and fruit leather are a frequent lunch filling. I also like making a tuna salad from foil packets . As a bread/sandwich junkie, tortillas give me something to have on the trail. I've also made a breakfast burrito out of powdered eggs (from Packit Gourmet) and Bacon Jerky. You've given me a few more ideas to add in, Gershon. Thanks.