Wind River High Route 2017

Posted by: ssciascia

Wind River High Route 2017 - 04/21/17 09:14 AM

Planning a trip to complete the WRHR end off August, early September 2017. Looking for anyone interested in going.
Posted by: wandering_daisy

Re: Wind River High Route 2017 - 04/23/17 04:07 PM

There are two "high routes" decribed on the internet (Dixon and Skurka), as well as several others. You need to state exactly which "Wind River High Route" you are intending to do. It is, so far, a high snowpack year in the Winds, so you will likely run into some steep snow, unlike last year. Personally, I would not do any of these thru-routes with someone I had never backpacked with before. Minimally, if you find someone on the internet, do a trail-run trip to be sure they are as qualified as they claim. Good Luck!
Posted by: wandering_daisy

Re: Wind River High Route 2017 - 04/23/17 04:08 PM

Oops! meant to say trial-run, not trail-run, but you could do that too! LOL.
Posted by: pcieluch

Re: Wind River High Route 2017 - 05/23/17 11:30 AM

Want to go back to the JMT this year but can't find a partner to go. Did the last 60 of the JMT last season. I have two weeks vacation and was planning on a first week of August trip. I could rearrange my time if needed. I live in Duluth MN and could make the drive out there in two days or so. I checked it out online and the pictures are amazing. Been awhile since my Boy Scout days since I have been off trail, but it looks like theirs pretty good coordinates out there to help out. Email me at pcieluch@mpecu.com and we could talk about it.

Peter