Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15

Posted by: HikingGeek

Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15 - 07/26/15 04:34 PM

I had originally planned for an overnight trip to Mt. Langley, but after several cancellations, I decided that I would just take on several day hikes solo. Looking at a list of possible hikes in the area, I decided on Mono Pass, with the possibility of a little class 2 to Mono Pass Peak.

Here are some highlights. Clicking on any of the photos will bring you to my full trip report and gallery (~50 photos).

Looking towards Morgan Pass:

Ruby Lake:

Looking across Mono Pass towards Mt. Starr:

Summit Lake:

Getting closer to the peak:

View as I close in on the summit:

Possibly my favorite view in the Sierra. Red & White Mtn, Red Slate Mtn in the distance I believe:

Mt. Morgan (?) as I head back to the TH:
Posted by: bluefish

Re: Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15 - 07/27/15 02:57 PM

I love the RC area, so this report is old home week for me. Agree about the view from Mono Peak. My FB pic is me standing in knee deep snow in front of Summit Lake. Thanks for posting all the great pics. Easy hike, but it's interesting to go over Morgan Pass and head toward Pine Creek to see the mines.
Posted by: 41253

Re: Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15 - 07/27/15 07:56 PM

Wow, amazing. Thanks for posting these.

Re: Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15 - 07/29/15 12:55 PM

Thanks!

We hiked to Morgan Pass a couple of years ago, but it not explore the mines:

http://www.hikinggeek.com/2013/08/16/little-lakes-valley-trip-report-august-16-2013/
Posted by: dkramalc

Re: Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15 - 07/30/15 03:13 PM

Wow - I had no idea the view from the peak was so spectacular! Thanks for the pictures! I'll have to make the trip up to the peak next time I'm up at the pass.

Re: Mono Pass, Mono Pass Peak & Summit Lake 7/17/15 - 07/31/15 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By dkramalc
Wow - I had no idea the view from the peak was so spectacular! Thanks for the pictures! I'll have to make the trip up to the peak next time I'm up at the pass.

I'm surprised I've never heard anyone mention it!