Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video)

Posted by: oracle5

Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video) - 03/31/15 03:07 PM

Climbed the east summit trail(the steep one) this weekend. Second time I've done it but been wanting to climb it with a GoPro for more than a year and just recently got a GoPro. Hope you enjoy the video. Listed as the steepest trail in the state. I've not encountered steeper yet. I've got an uncut version I'll upload when I get time(file size is huge for upload) for those interested in the full experience.

Posted by: billstephenson

Re: Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video) - 04/02/15 04:58 PM

Wow, I've read about it and driven near there, but never have seen any of the trail or view from the top. That is one crazy trail and it has to be one of the rockiest mountains I've seen around here.

Thanks for the video!!!

Re: Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video) - 04/02/15 06:06 PM

Luckily if you still want to get to the top without taking the path I did there is an easier trail on the west side of the mountain.
Posted by: 4evrplan

Re: Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video) - 04/03/15 11:16 PM

Looks like a good place to get bitten by a snake scrambling up all those small boulders. Was that a concern at all?

Great view though.

Re: Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video) - 04/04/15 08:12 AM

Always not just here as I'm sure it is for you in Texas.
Posted by: Ewker

Re: Pinnacle Mountain, AR Steep Side Climb(w/video) - 04/04/15 10:57 AM

Back when my gf was living in Little Rock we went and climbed Pinnacle Mountain over Thanksgiving in 2009. We did the same route you did. It is an awesome climb to the top.