Dangerous Trail

Posted by: ETSU Pride

Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 12:13 PM

So, who is in?

Dangerous Trail
Posted by: jimmyb

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 01:07 PM

I'll pass.

Turned 50 yrs. old today and have taken plenty of risks, some that could have ended very badly, along the way. Now I am perfectly content in enjoying the rest of it from a more stable platform. Not to say I gave up on thrill seeking but I am more measured in my approach now. Kind of like the old expression "there are old pilots and bold pilots but no old, bold pilots" wink

jimmyb
Posted by: Rick_D

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 01:21 PM

Not interested unless it's raining. eek

If it were in, say, Kentucky there'd be a beer hut at the summit. Now that would be interesting.

Cheers,
Posted by: skcreidc

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 01:32 PM

Yea! All that and all they have at the top is tea? wink But then you have to get down.... eek

The whole thing is kind of a Chinese via ferrata isn't it. Beautiful scenery though. That style of karst topography is amazing and if I was there I would get on it if it didn't look too crowded. BUT...two kids in college...THAT is not on the list of things to do.

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 01:35 PM

Hey jimmyb. Congradulations and happy birthday!!! Your now an official member of the colonoscopy club!

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 02:11 PM

Quote:
Hey jimmyb. Congradulations and happy birthday!!! Your now an official member of the colonoscopy club!

thanks for the Birthday greetings. Much appreciated. I don't want to highjack the thread and last thing I wanted to bring up here was my colonoscopy but just had mine a few days ago. Had a clean report other than removal of one small polyp. Family history of cancer is present so I was sweating it pretty badly. So relieved everything turn out OK. Looks like I'm good to go for 3 more yrs.

jimmyb
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/07/14 03:19 PM

Happy Birthday!

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/08/14 09:53 AM

jimmyb goodjob
Posted by: Exoskeletron

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/16/14 04:02 PM

Ha! I just watched a 20 minute long video on youtube of this hike. It looks insane! I mean completely crazy. Totally unsafe lol. I can't said that I wouldn't do it though, given the chance.

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/16/14 08:07 PM

Quote:
I can't said that I wouldn't do it though, given the chance

Freudian slip? grin Funny you used the past tense "said". Hopefully folks won't be referring to you in that tense if you get the chance to hike that trail.

Jokin' aside - more power to you!

jimmyb
Posted by: rockchucker22

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/16/14 11:04 PM

The stairs look ok but I wouldn't trust the planks.
Posted by: Exoskeletron

Re: Dangerous Trail - 01/23/14 10:30 AM

Lol, if I ever go to China (which I intend to) hopefully I won't become past tense wink