Try before you buy

Posted by: swammie

Try before you buy - 04/27/12 08:58 PM

I've picked up so many great tips and methodologies from these forums. I have a different mindset on so many topics compared to a year ago.

One thing I highly endorse is to adopt a change or new system or product before you're in the thick of things. For example, I've started prepackaging a week's worth of oatmeal in ziplocks with all the fixins. My kids and I find we use these simply because they're around. Making our own fast food I suppose. And promoting a better diet at the same time.

My backyard now looks like a tent and gear demo exhibition. I haven't been able to get away as I've done at times in the past, so I turn to my own yard to try things out. I think my wife enjoys the snoreless-nights. Dunno what she's talking about.

Here's a snap of this week's breakfast. These are very small ziplocks with 3/4 cup of oatmeal. I'm trying adding powdered WHOLE milk this time around.

Posted by: oldranger

Re: Try before you buy - 04/27/12 09:30 PM

Those look rather familiar... Mine have a handful of raisins and the Costco concoction, Fruit 'n Nuts, to add flavor. I am fine with skim milk, either liquid or powdered. Also throw in the occasional fresh berry, whatever is handy. Very nutritious and very cheap - my add ons cost more than the basic meal.