Beginner type question: how much water do you add?

Posted by: Steadman

Beginner type question: how much water do you add? - 09/21/11 03:38 PM

How much water do you all add to a lipton/knorr sides to keep them from being soupy?

The rice meals seem to work out ok, but the sauce for the noodles doesn't seem to come to the right consistency if I use the full amount of water recommended on the package.

Before I started experimenting, I wanted to see if anyone had cut the amount of water used back, and if so by how much.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: Beginner type question: how much water do you add? - 09/21/11 04:39 PM

I'd cut the servings in half or quarters and do some experimenting, for your lunches at home!
Posted by: sarbar

Re: Beginner type question: how much water do you add? - 09/21/11 06:40 PM

Are you cooking them in a pot? Or doing the add boiling water and insulate? If you are pot cooking and they are soupy, they need to sit longer to thicken or at worst just dump in a bunch of Parmesan cheese and it will set right up!

Re: Beginner type question: how much water do you add? - 09/21/11 07:41 PM

trying to put them in an insulated container, pour boiling water over them, and let time do the cooking.
Posted by: sarbar

Re: Beginner type question: how much water do you add? - 09/22/11 01:47 AM

Trying to remember the ration for that...but I know it has popped up over on Whiteblaze often enough!

Re: Beginner type question: how much water do you add? - 09/24/11 09:43 PM

Thank you... I'll sniff around over there and see what I find.

Looking forward to getting a dehydrator one of these days so I can really try out some of your recipes.