new grocery items

Posted by: MarkNM

new grocery items - 05/10/10 10:50 AM

Bumblebee Prime Filet Albacore Steak? in foil??

and Barilla three cheese torellin in a packet just add water?

has anyone tried these in the field?

also where can i find chicken in foil and or spam...
Posted by: Tangohkr

Re: new grocery items - 05/10/10 10:27 PM

I don't eat fish can't help you there. I will check out the Barilla, thanks.

I can't find single serving size chicken in foil in any store. You can find single serving food and all kinds of stuff at http://www.minimus.biz/FoodMain.aspx

Good luck!
Posted by: Kent W

Re: new grocery items - 05/11/10 08:52 AM

Walmart has single serve spam and chicken both in foil pouches. I fried a piece of spam on my stove on a small piece of non stick foil. Rack Of Spam is Good with ramen!
Posted by: Kent W

Re: new grocery items - 05/11/10 09:08 AM

OH, I forgot on my smokies trip I had Shrimp Ramen soup with a foil pouch of Red Salmon mixed in Awsome!
Posted by: sarbar

Re: new grocery items - 05/11/10 12:26 PM

Both are very tasty.

Spam singles out here are usually sold in the aisle with potted meats/fish in packets/with the canned chicken and tuna. Foil pouches 7 ounce of chicken are sold there as well.
Posted by: countr21

Re: new grocery items - 05/15/10 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By MarkNM

and Barilla three cheese torellin in a packet just add water?

has anyone tried these in the field?

Never tried them in the field, but I've cooked them at home plenty. I think the boil time is pretty quick. This is a great product, but I foresee a problem in the field. They swell to 2x-3x their uncooked size. At home, I cook them in a huge pot. You would need a pretty large pot to cook these in the field. I have the 1L Evernew titanium pasta pot and even this pot would not be big enough.

But, I am going to try it first before I give up on this product in the field. I'll cook these in the 1L pot at home and give it a try. I already have a great sauce recipe in mind: Cook the tortellini and leave a little boiling water in the pot and add some half and half packets, some shredded parmesan cheese, freeze dried tomatoes, red pepper flake, onion salt, and garlic salt. Simmer for a few minutes until thick. You got yourself a nice little pink alfredo sauce.
Posted by: Tangohkr

Re: new grocery items - 05/16/10 10:29 PM

That sounds great! I might try that in Alaska.