A Marine named John

Posted by: PerryMK

A Marine named John - 04/28/14 09:03 AM

The Marine Gunnery Sgt noticed a new Marine Pvt. and barked at him, "Get over here! What's your name Marine?" "John," the new Marine Pvt. replied.

"Look, I don't know what kind of bleeding-heart pansy crap they're teaching Marines in boot camp these days, but I don't call anyone by his first name," the Gunny scowled. "It breeds familiarity, and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my Marines by their last names only; Smith, Jones, Baker, whatever. And you are to refer to me as 'Gunny". Do I make myself clear?" "Aye, Aye Gunny!"

"Now that we've got that straight, what's your last name?" The Marine Pvt. sighed. "Darling, My name is John Darling, Gunny."

"Okay, John, here's what I want you to do ..."
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: A Marine named John - 05/03/14 06:44 AM

I knew a girl, Rose, in high school. She married a guy named Dan Bush... true story.

I also know a CPA with a hugely appropriate name: John Cashdollar. Some guys have all the luck...
Posted by: PerryMK

Re: A Marine named John - 05/03/14 10:03 AM

I once saw a sign for the medical office of Dr. Care. No joke.
Posted by: GrumpyGord

Re: A Marine named John - 05/05/14 06:10 AM

When I was a youngster there was a dentist named Dr Pane.
Posted by: squark

Re: A Marine named John - 05/06/14 11:15 PM

Freshman year, my next-door neighbor was Arash. He has since gone to med school and become a dermatologist.
Posted by: OregonMouse

Re: A Marine named John - 05/07/14 04:23 PM

In one place I lived, there was a Dr. Dolittle. He was, however, an OB/GYN, not a pediatrician or veterinarian.

I went to high school with the daughter of an optometrist, Dr. Doctor.

Posted by: dylansdad77

Re: A Marine named John - 05/09/14 10:25 AM

My high school English teacher's name was Rosemary Heine. However, all the other teachers called her "Rosie".