What's odd about this picture?

Posted by: Gershon

What's odd about this picture? - 09/28/11 08:08 PM

Whoever gets it wins a free calendar.

Posted by: Dryer

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/28/11 08:56 PM

Simply means they had a dedication earlier today. Welcome to our new park!
Posted by: aimless

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/28/11 09:31 PM

they had a dedication earlier today

Today being Sept 28, 2011. The sign states that the dedication was Sept 29, 2011. Tomorrow.

That the sign was installed prior to the date it mentions doesn't seem all that odd to me, though. The sign was probably ordered long before the dedication took place and maybe they changed the date slightly because it made sense to do so.

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/28/11 10:33 PM

Good job on the date. When I saw it, I had to try to remember what year it is.

Something in this picture struck me immediately as being out of place. The location is on the American Discovery Trail through Pueblo, Co. Otherwise known as the bike path locally.

Posted by: Dryer

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/29/11 01:37 AM

Actually, Aimless, I was looking at my UTC clock which said the 29th at the time I typed. Greenwich Mean Time. grin
Posted by: billstephenson

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/29/11 11:36 AM

You got me on this one. I don't see it..

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/29/11 02:46 PM

This sidewalk is wet and there aren't any sprinkers there.

It was a hot, sunny day and the first thing I smelled was like fresh rain.

I saw this slogan on a lot of walls and kept trying to figure out who Art is. Must have been the heat.

Posted by: billstephenson

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/29/11 07:00 PM

I wondered about that, and did notice the grass looked freshly cut. They must run a sprayer to wash off the walkway after they cut the grass.

I've never had the urge to spray paint on public property, but I have seen some amazing examples of graffiti art when I lived in LA.

I think the person who commented on "Art" was being much too generous. There ain't much artistic going on there.

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 09/29/11 08:49 PM

Yeah, I figured a sprayer, too.

I think they might have been referring to the art on the levee. There is about a mile and a half of some pretty good stuff.

http://gramcracker-gershon.blogspot.com/2011/09/american-discovery-trail-92811.html

(Can you spot something fishy on the page?)
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: What's odd about this picture? - 10/02/11 12:22 PM

By the way, Mujeres Nobles just means noble women--presumably the artist wanted to honor those many women who act selflessly throughout the community or the world.