Naughty and nice

Posted by: balzaccom

Naughty and nice - 12/13/12 11:52 AM

Every year we post a blog about who has been naughty and nice in terms of our backpacking activities.

The floor is now open for nominations for either category! Got any suggestions?

Posted by: jbylake

Re: Naughty and nice - 12/13/12 07:21 PM

Does doing the Gangnam, nekked, modeling a new pack, on a frost covered roof count? laugh
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Naughty and nice - 12/13/12 07:28 PM

Naughty: every tourist who sends his three-year-old over to "stand by the cuddly bear so I can take your picture."

Nice: Andy Niekamp, who heads up the Dayton Hikers group and did, hands down, the most effective job of leading a beginner's backpacking trip that I've ever seen - and then, on the follow-up trip, was kind enough to do all the planning so I could just relax, follow, and rediscover the total joy I get from walking and sleeping in the woods for a couple of days. (I was an assistant leader on both trips - but thanks to his excellent planning, organization, and execution, there wasn't a lot of assisting needed.)
Posted by: dkramalc

Re: Naughty and nice - 12/13/12 07:29 PM

Quote:
Does doing the Gangnam, nekked, modeling a new pack, on a frost covered roof count?

Umm, for which category? grin
Posted by: Samoset

Re: Naughty and nice - 12/14/12 01:06 AM

Uh if you ask me:

I'm a @5$ H013

But even if I made the naughty list I'm still going to d4o the best I can for my Boys!
Posted by: ETSU Pride

Re: Naughty and nice - 01/05/13 11:53 AM

Here my naughty nomination: not a backpacking activity, but I was mountain biking at my local stomping ground and I came flying around a corner only to be greeted by a woman using the bathroom in middle of the trail. She couldn't go a couple yards off trail behind a bush? This was in August when there were plenty of vegetation to squat behind...

Nomination for nice: A woman I met while backpacking the other day. She was older lady telling me stories of her youthful hiking and camping trips. It was some interesting and fun conversation. I was hiking alone talking to myself until I ran into her party.

Posted by: jbylake

Re: Naughty and nice - 01/05/13 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By dkramalc
Quote:
Does doing the Gangnam, nekked, modeling a new pack, on a frost covered roof count?

Umm, for which category? grin

New equipment trade show exhibition/promotion? Or maybe a great example of alcohol abuse?

J. cool
Posted by: balzaccom

Re: Naughty and nice - 01/06/13 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By ETSU Pride

Nomination for nice: A woman I met while backpacking the other day. She was older lady telling me stories of her youthful hiking and camping trips. It was some interesting and fun conversation. I was hiking alone talking to myself until I ran into her party.

Oh yeah. We once met a group of three people on the trail in the high country of Yomemite. A young man, getting ready to leave home to go to college, his father, who was taking him on a last backpacking trip together. And his grandmother , who had done the same for his father 27 years before.

Lovely scene.
Posted by: djtrekker

Re: Naughty and nice - 02/04/13 10:30 PM

nice - I dropped my GPS on the trail in Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV last summer, and a hiker going the opposite direction picked it up and caught up with me to return it.