Rules for including links

Posted by: JerrySC13

Rules for including links - 11/21/19 09:37 AM

Hey Everyone,

I think after reading the rules I have figured out that I can start adding links in my posts, and a signature, after I have made 25 posts?

I'm asking because I don't want to be rule breaker. crazy

I will be honest here. I am indeed trying to promote my new website. I'm very proud of it. But I also intend to become a valuable member of this forum in the process. I do not plan to post multiple articles per day or anything crazy like that. Not enough time in my schedule to write that much.

So..., please let me know if I am on the right track.

Thanks!
Jerry
Posted by: aimless

Re: Rules for including links - 11/21/19 12:03 PM

Yup, you are right on the target. Thank you for taking the time to figure out the board's policies. You may also directly contact packlite to seek clarifications of rules, or special accomodations to them, if you can make a good case for it. He's the final arbiter around here.

In the 'wild west' that is the internet it is very hard to write, simple, clear, sensible rules that keep things optimal for the members and help keep the board alive. We do our best to corral all the SEO spammers, while also encouraging useful discussion. Welcome!
Posted by: Glenn Roberts

Re: Rules for including links - 11/21/19 01:15 PM

I agree with aimless: we really appreciate you taking the time to figure the policies out; let us know how we can help. One thing you might do is follow balzaccom's approach, and include the link to your site in your signature line: "Come visit us at..."

I did visit your website briefly; it looks fairly well-done. I help lead trips for a fellow here in Ohio who is doing similar work to yours. If you'll send me a Private Message (PM) I'll share his contact information with you; I think you'd enjoy talking to him.

We're glad you're here. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say in response to your 3-part post.